Monday, December 23, 2013

Updates and Other Stuff

After several months of hiatus due to college stuff, I'm back at it with the Science Fiction reviews! By the way, the master list has grown from the original 160 to around 200-220... So I've got my work cut out for me.
I just read and reviewed Way Station, and plan on starting Non-Stop this afternoon. Now that I'm on vacation I should be able to catch up with the reviews --Downward to the Earth, Burning Chrome, The Simulacra, and 20,000 Leagues have been sitting there barren for too long!
As for reviews after these pieces, I'm taking a few into consideration. Specifically, Harlan Ellison's Dangerous Visions, which I wasn't too familiar with until a few days ago, looks incredible. Short stories from many of the big names in 20th century SF. Philip K. Dick, Norman Spinrad, Ellison himself, Fritz Leiber; I'm not sure I can resist!
Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore also sounds excellent. If you have any suggestions for SF classic that I haven't reviewed yet, post them in the comments. Chances are, its on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment